Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
44SpecialDave (Dave) and I went to the range for Boxing Day. This time I only took three handguns and Dave only brought one handgun.

Our plan was to shoot 45acps in my S&W M325 and Ballester-Molina plus Dave

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Richard,

It sounds like you had a great day!

With 3 handguns, it sounds like you and Dave had a great time. I like hearing about the S&W 325 and I am wondering about Hoppes on the Clear Coat. I have a 642 and use Hoppes all of the time and haven't removed any finish yet.

I took a friend to the shooting range yesterday as well. We shot his Model 36 J frame with 3" barrel and my new SA Champion. It was his first time at the shooting range and I helped him set-up and took him through all of the range safety issues.

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting thread. I love the 45 acp and am considering a taurus tracker chambered in it. i also am considering an eaa witness in 10 mm so you can see why this interested me so much.

You say you use "200gr LSWC reloads the powder charges were 5.5gr of Winchester 231,"

Do you find this to be an excessively dirty powder? I was using 5.8 grains with a 185 Grain cast swc and after 30 or 40 rounds my gun was so filthy my hand looked as if I were playing in a coal stove. I switched to accurate #7 and it burns much cleaner but with a signifigant muzzle flash.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Josh, I found the old Unique to be a dirty powder. I flat out like Win 231 and its accuracy . Regards, Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts