Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've seen the .380 Bersas and they have seemed to be well thought of. Looking at the Bersa distributor's website, I see that there is a choice of some 'compact' and 'full-size' guns too.
One is a full size 9mm/.40 and the 'compacts' are in .45 and 9mm. Has anyone seen/held/shot any of these?
The .45 might be a hoot but it's only a 3.5 inch barrel,and I'm a bit leery of anything less than 4 inch for 45 ACP (call me a Luddite,OK?)
I'd be curious about the internals,too....Browning type link or what? Price seems right for these too;yeah, made in Argentina,but they do a good job down there on beef and wine,along with some Hi-Power clones, so why not? C....

·
Registered
7 Posts
A while back, my son bought a 9mm compact. We shot it at the range and I ordered one for myself on the following Monday. Both pistols have been 100% reliable with both FMJ and various JHPs, quite accurate, with really nice sights. The triggers are very, very good in both SA and DA modes. The finish is not what you would expect on a $1000 gun, but plenty fine for a working gun.

The pistol does not use a Browning style barrel link, but a ramp-like locking system (I can't think of the proper name for it). Takedown is by a lever on the left side of the slide. Release it, and the slide assembly comes off forward. Cleaning is easy. The controls are fully ambidextrous, too.

All in all, it is a well designed, well built pistol, and a really great value for your money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts