Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How similar are the two? I'm asking because I'm looking for an airsoft gun to use in Force-on-Force (FoF) training and I'm having a difficult time finding a Hi-Power.

Thanks,

Kent

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Weight and balance between the two is very similar. Grip shape is a bit different, but within reasonable parameters given what you want it for. Action for the real thing is obviously different, but that shouldn't matter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks abninftr.

I've managed to find a company that makes Hi-Power airsoft guns, but I haven't had much luck finding out details.

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ka0azs,

Nice call BTW. I haven't found much on airsoft Hi-Powers.

About the only thing I have found is a company in Taiwan (Tanaka) that makes three models; a MkIII, one they call a military model, and one modeled after the Inglis. Most of the websites I found that sell them are overseas, with a price around $175.00 US. Almost all of them indicated they were out of stock.

The gun is of a gas blow-back design (which is good) but seems to be made almost entirely of ABS plastic.

Specs for one I found indicated the weight at about 20 oz, a length of 7.9 inches with a height of 5.1 inches. It shoots the 6mm plastic bbs.

Hope this helps,

Kent

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Kent.

OBTW. spent a lot of time out at Goodbuddy Airplane Patch. Loved the area, especially "Western Skies" and "Better Than Nothing" (and "Zetner's Daughter".... the list just goes on)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts