Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question for those that have tried or owned both the Bersa 380 and the Sigarms P230 or P232.

Ignoring the cost, which 380 pistol do you like the best, Bersa or Sig?

Assume they cost the same, then answer.

Thanks much.

og

G

·
0 Posts
Bersa, smaller & lighter and a very good gun. A real sleeper at the moment like the Mak's were a few years ago.

G

·
0 Posts
Bersa!!! Mine has the lightest and best DA trigger of any pistol or revolver that I own, and the SA trigger pull is very good too. The Bersa has excellent ergonomics, and mine has never had a single failure to feed or fire with any of the various JHP and FMJ ammo I have fired. I did a web search before I bought mine several years ago and was struck by the fact that everybody who owned one appeared to like it. Stephen Camp has an excellent comparision article on the Bersa and SIG 230 on his site at: http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Sig%20Sauer%20Bersa.htm

G

·
0 Posts
Bersa .380 ---- have one thats 3 day old.
Wonderful handgun! Feels great in hand, fires with little kick and after 40 rds outstanding.
I have the Duo-Tone for $219.... I say to you "Buy It"

Best to you
Later
Bill------------------------------------->

G

·
0 Posts
I traded an excellent stainless Taurus Model 85 even for My Bersa Thunder .380 and figure I came out ahead because the Bersa is such a great gun. Mine has the matte black finish with the nickel controls and I personally think it's a good-looking gun as well. My Taurus PT-111 has displaced my Bersa from most carry duty because of it's greater power and ammo capacity, but it you can't beat the way the Bersa feels and shoots. It's simply the best shooting pistol I have ever owned.

·
Registered
392 Posts
ive had both.

sold the bersa to fund a 232sl. i would take the bersa back in a minute over the sig 232sl.

but i opted for a .38 snubby over both.

G

·
0 Posts
I own or have owned Walthers, Sigs, and Bersa 380 pistols and I have to sing with the chorus. I carry a Bersa Thunder 380 on weekends and that tells you a lot. Regards, Richard

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only complaint I have about my Bersa 380 is that the rear tang corners are kind of square and hit my thumb knuckle under recoil and break the skin. I had to add a rubber pad under the tang to keep it a little away. My Bersa also had DA trigger fail to latch from time to time, I had to file a little metal down to make DA latch consistently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I looked at a Bersa before I bought a SIG. It jammed the last round out of the magizine every time. Didn't matter if I loaded a full magizine or 2 rounds.

My Sig has not had any issues. I bought it to carry and could not trust the Bersa.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well forshoes,
the Bersa I had (my wife's gun) didn't jam, but... I'm just more of a Sig fan, it's lighter weight too.
My wife now has a Taurus Ultralite 38special with CrimsonTrace laser grips that she likes better. Most wives just don't like to line up open sights and the laser makes it easy.
So the Bersa is now a "surplus" pistol in the safe.
Thanks everyone for your comments.
og

G

·
0 Posts
I have bought quite a few semiautos in the past several years, played with them a while, and then traded them away. This has included four nines: Taurus PT92 (well made & perfectably reliable gun, but too large for even my large hand), Ruger P89 (another well made & perfectably reliable gun, but while smaller still too large and also carried the additional laibility of a heavier DA trigger), Star BM (loved it's feel in my hand, but neither of the two mags would feed reliably), and Taurus PT-911 (great size and feel, but I couldn't get the DAO trigger as smooth as I wanted even after a trigger job).

I recently said to heck with it and bought a second Bersa Thunder 380 (matte black with nickle controls) that matches my first first Bersa, which is my all-time favorite auto. This is the first time in my life (and I'm now 62) that I have ever owned two guns of the same kind. I guess the only down side is that now I will have to buy a left-hand holster so that I can carry both at the same time. I wonder how they can make a $200-$250 auto that feels and functions so much better than pistols costing several times more.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dunno - my Bersa .380 was nice to carry until one range session the trigger mechanism broke. One of these days I might get it fixed, but whats the point? If something on it broke once, what happens if something breaks when you really need it?

I have a Mak that I liked to carry - its just that decent Mak ammo is tough to come by these days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts