Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anybody have any experience with the Berretta 84 Cheetah (380 auto)? Can it be carried cocked and locked? Any impressions as to reliabiliy and overall quality (fit and finish)?

Thanks in advance,

PGM

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. Yes, the Beretta Model 84 can be carried in Condition One. These are normally quite well-built pistols and finished nicely. The ones I've shot and seen shot were very reliable and with a wide range of ammunition types.

Best.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mr. Camp.

I knew that the CZ could be carried Condition One, but I wasn't sure about the Beretta. Apparently there is also a 22 LR version which might be nice for practice if a guy owned the 380 version.

PGM

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Yep, the .22 is the Model 87.
I may be mistaken, but I think it's more like the model 85 .380 which uses a single stack magazine, and therefore is a little slimmer.
I had an 85, and thought it was too big for an eight shot .380, but would have made a neat .22 (as the model 87).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your impressions as well Barry. I was thinking that the 84 or 85 and the 87 might make a nice pair to have in the collection.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, I have the Model 87 (ie .22LR version) REAL nice pistol! Fit and finish are superb and the wood grips are a nice touch.

If I were still into .380's (which I kinda left behind once I got my Mak) I'd strongly consider the Model 84.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Put me down as someone who likes and owns an 87. Great gun. These medium-size .22 guns, like the 87 and Walther PP work better than the really small guns, and are more useful. Plus, with an 87, you can get the longer barrel from Beretta, and get a can for it (if you are so inclined).

Not so impressed with the same guns in .380. With the advent of well-built, reliable mini-9mm like the Kahr and Rohrbaugh, there is no excuse for carrying a .380.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts