Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

The title says it all. Just snagged a ANIB Compact for an incredible price. Have noted that magazines are a bit hard to come by...which prompted the question. That and I see no wholesalers offering them...

Anyone have any experience with the 92 compact platforms?

Wes

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I had one. It was my favorite of the Beretta 92/96s I've had.
It just seemed to have a better balance and "feel" than the rest of the series. It just seemed to be quicker handling. It was malfunction-free.
I don't usually find guns any easier to carry and/or conceal when they are only slightly smaller, like Commanders compared to Governments. BUT this time, I think it was just enough smaller to make carry easier.

I eventually traded mine off because I didn't see what it would do that a HiPower could not, and I'm just more comfortable with HiPowers.

As far as magazines go, KY Imports at least had used ones, if not new ones, the last I knew. They had used 13-rd mags all the way through the ban for $39.95. I got a couple, and they were just fine.

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BarryinIN,

Thanks for the input. Years ago I had a compact model "M" with the single column magazine. Very nice. I like the looks of the Compact vice the M9 and wanted one that was representative of the breed. I've never liked the full size Beretta 92.

The pistol should be here on Friday. I'll let you know my impressions. Weren't all the Compact's Italian made pistols?

Wes

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Weren't all the Compact's Italian made pistols?
Ya know, I did hear that a few years ago.

At the time I heard that, they weren't selling Compacts.

But a year or two after that, I saw them for sale again at a couple of places and I think they were in the catalog again.
Whether those were US or Italian made, I don't know.

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BarryinIN,

Just found out that my Beretta 92 compact is make in USA. No big deal. On t he other hand I have NEVER seen a problem with one of the Italian made Beretta's.
Found aq couple sources of Magazines with the cheapest being around $30.00 dealer. On the other hand they are OEM. Of course that means MEC-GAR... ;)

Wes

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Yes, it seems MecGar is the only choice for new made mags for some guns now. I know that the difference may only be in the markings, since MecGar makes them for so many companies, but still....

Looking forward to the shooting report. I imagine you'll like it.

I've always wondered why that model wasn't more popular.

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BarryinIN,

Just noted that KY Imports, Inc. has some used Beretta 92F Compacts with one magazine for $379.00 dealer. NOW I know I really got a good deal on mine and it's ANIB!
The add says "discontinued used - very good condition".
Mine should be here tomorrow or Monday.

Wes

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BarryinIN,

The Beretta 92 Compact arrived this afternoon. If the gun was ever fired there is no evidence of it. I'd rate it ANIB, but at a very substantial savings.

Will test in the next couple days and report back. Initial impression was very positive. The pistol is very solid feeling, points naturally, and has good factory sights. Now...it's just going to get used to the trigger...

Wes

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there Wes,

Congradulations on your purchase!

We look forward to your report when you get a chance to post them! I've heard a lot of great comments about the Beretta Compacts.

Chris

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The 92 Compact is my favorite DA auto with the Walther P5. Owned 3 (1 SB and 2 FS) before the one I have now. Quality and accuracy has been invariably very high. Found them a little thick in the grip and slide and sold them. And always came back and bought another one. Now the lesson is learned and the 92 C is a keeper.

L.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts