Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Well, I shot myself in the foot, today. That's figuretively speaking mind you...
I was shipping my wife's S & W M 60 3" out for some action work and made the mistake of offering to let her use my M 19 2 1/2" Smith. Upon picking it up and clearing it she said; "this is heavier than mine". Liked six rounds vs. five...then she dry fired it. Oh, crap! Big grin and a "this trigger is lighter and smoother than mine"! No kidding...it's 7 3/4 pounds, DA.
All I can hope for now is that her M 60 comes back and she likes it better. Other than that it looks as though I may have lost my M 19.
Anyone else ever do something stupid like this?
Wes

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

Yes I have.

I showed my wife my Kel Tec P-32 when we were have problems in the area with a fugative that was responsible for two homocides and I made the mistake of offering it to her for protection.

I haven't seen it since, but I know that it is somewhere in her purse.

Oh well, I went out and bought a Kel Tec P3-AT to replace it and I imagine it will show up again when she decides to clean out her purse. (I never go in her purse and she never goes in my wallet).

I may have to lure it back out by offering her my department store charge card as bait!

Chris

·
Registered
169 Posts
I picked up a Makarov at a gun show a month or so ago. On the way home, my wife picked it up and looked it over, and said "I like this". She hasn't taken it yet, but it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I know somebody who is gonna buy a second Makarov!! He's a 'cajun'!!!
og........wife took one of my guns and won't give it back either.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I must be one of the lucky ones then ... my wife hates guns and the only time she has touched one of my handgun without me asking (to make sure she remembers how to load and unload done about every 2 or 3 months) was the night thier was a report of a peeping tom in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I started dating my GF several years ago she was an anti-gun person. After a couple of months I finally got her to go to the range and shoot. Started her with .22 shorts, firearm safety, etc. Long story short, it took 2 years, and a Ruger P89 to get my favorite BHP back. So it happens to us all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts