Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is the appropriate place or not. If not then please feel free to move it to wherever it needs to go.
Does anybody have any experience with the Armalaser. I looked one over at a gun show in Raleigh this past weekend and it looks promising. The laser activates when a person's finger goes inside the triggerguard and touchs a sensor pad. Deactivates in approx. 8 seconds when the finger is removed. Right now they are being made for Glocks, Kel-Tec, and Kahr's. According to their website they are coming out with a model for the XD in July. According to their website the unit is made in the US. It looks like a pretty durable unit, but looks can be decieving.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I put one on my P3AT .380, mostly because it looked kind of cool. The installation is, er, well, sort of difficult, and once I got the thing on I quickly realized that if anything, the laser messes up my aiming more than helping it. Of course, the laser has a psychological effect, so maybe it's worth it. If nothing else, I do like it because it breaks up the "gun" shape of the gun.

The laser stays on for about 12-13 seconds, at least according to the instructions. You don't have to touch the sensor, by the way, as it senses your finger without touching. Also, the laser goes off whether you remove your finger or not. "Bumping" the finger a little bit turns the laser on for another dozen seconds.

I have a laser on my suppressed P22, and I love it. Wish I'd saved the money on the Armalaser, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts