Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I have the same exact gun pistol but have not had any trouble with it ejecting anything from standard pressure 115 grain "cheap" ammo to 9mm NATO 124 grain and some 147's. My suspicion would be the weak extractor as some others have said.
Don't get rid of it until you try that angle, but if you're mind is made up........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh no, I'm going to get it fixed thanks to the suggestions here. When the gun didn't jam it was real fun to shoot and accurate too with my first 50 rounds. If replacing the extractor fixes the gun then I should be a happy camper.

·
Regulator,
2,353 Posts
You will be a happy camper. The problems you describe are common to all BHP's and all their clones too. At worst you might need to replace the extractor too, but it's inexpensive and you can get one from the parts department at Browning arms. Bob Reid has posted excellent instructions on how to fit one, so if you need to replace the extractor too, you'll find his instructions at the links below.

It's a simple job, so don't sweat having to give up the gun. Just make sure you use a good roll pin punch on the extractor pin....and the pins are available from Browning too if you need one.

Here is a link to the punches needed to do this job. http://www.handgunsandammunition.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=7000

There are also instructions in how to test and fit a new extractor at http://www.handgunsandammunition.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=5563

Hope this helps.

JayPee

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as ammo goes, I regularly shoot the $10 Federal stuff out of it when I'm at the range. It eats up everything, including the sometimes troublesome Winchester white box ammo. I've got 500 rounds through it since replacing that weak extractor spring and it hasn't hiccuped once.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With wide white strip white-wall tires --just like we used to love in the 50's (but you probably don't know what I'm talking about)
were we talking about BHP's--I forget. Regards, G>M>F>
My '52 Ford Customline had those whitewalls. It was the grooviest!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts