Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

There may be a correlation between dominant hands and the drive to survive.

There are several opinions out on this subject and I would like to see what percentage we have here to verify/deny.

Thank you,

Josh <><

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I can shoot right-handed, but re-loads, etc. are a case of all thumbs and no fingers.

I even have trouble brushing my teeth right-handed!

Using scissors is about the only thing I do efficiently with my right hand, and that's because there were never any left-handed scissor around when I was growing up. Try cutting paper with scissors left-handed - it's ever so much fun!

G

·
I'm right handed, but I can do some things lefty.

Most of the time I shoot pistols lefty I shoot one handed. The only reason I would go lefty is because my right hand is wounded somehow and wouldn't be there for support anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello,

Thank you for the replies thus far.

I am right eye dominant and left-handed, but since my right eye is something in the neighborhood of 20/100 and my left is almost perfect, I have retrained myself to use my left to aim though I can still aim with my right eye when wearing my glasses (this is rare).

If you look at the poll, 40% thus far are left handed. Explainations also include lots of cross-eye dominance. This is all out of proportion to the national average.

Keep 'em coming, and thank you again.

Josh <><

G

·
I'm right handed, with some left handed ability.

I do my best to practice a little each range trip left handed. The hardest thing is to mentally reverse everything I do.

Joe

·
Registered
649 Posts
Right-handed,left eye dominant....don't practice enough with me left hand though...

G

·
I am right handed, but left eyed... and trifocals don't help. I don't do too badly shooting with my left hand, but do it only for the sake of practicing.

G

·
Right-handed, right eye dominant. I try to do some left hand practice from time to time, even shoot the occasional IDPA match left-handed.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts