Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned two DW .357s and have always been curious about the
bigger DWs. The Stailness VH8 .445 Super Mag is calling my name..
"i'm kind of a CZ now..." "you need meeee""

How many DW fans do we have here??

·
Registered
898 Posts
My very first revolver was a Dan Wesson .357, with both 4" and 6" barrels. Great general-purpose wheelgun, very very accurate. Arguably the best production revos that were ever made for Silhouette and other long-range shooting. Finally sold it off when I discovered the sweeter double action of the S&W revolvers that my fellow competitors were winning Bowling Pin and NRA Action matches with.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I know this is late but I can't help it. i have 2 DW revolvers. The 744 w/ 6" & 4'' BBL's and a 357 Pistol Pak w/ 2.5",4'',6'',and 8'' BBL's and the Brief Case with all the fixin's. The 357 PP has never been fired and I haven't yet. The 44 was used and I purchased the 6'' bbl and have shot it quite a bit. I had to change the grips due to slippage when recoiling. The smooth wood would ride up in my hand each time I shot it. So a Pachmeyer grip was added. Now no problem and this is very accurate shooter. Now if someone made a 2'' or 3'' bbl for it I would be happier. Money well spent!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had the DW-Pistol Pack back in 1978 and I really liked it a bunch. Some years later I hit a rough spot in life and had to let it go along with a lot of other good guns. I have never run across one at a show that I felt was worth having or I would get it. Good luck with yours.

Best,Baldy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My first real revolver was a dan wesson with a six inch heavy barrel, very accurate. I, foolishly, sold it. I thought it was a great idea. I've often wondered what happened to dan wesson's company.

·
Registered
800 Posts
There is a fellow up in Oregon who has DW revolver parts. I purchased a 6" 744, 44mag BBL from him and I think I posted his number. No web site but if you ask I'll look up his number for you. I just sent it to a USR forum member. If you need it PM me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts