Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting on one of the PF-9's to come in, I placed the order at S.H.O.T. but the info has disappeared from their site and no word from them on delivery.

From the press release:

The PF-9 is a semi-automatic, locked breech pistol, chambered for the 9 mm Luger cartridge. It has been developed from our highly successful P-11 and P-3AT pistols with maximum concealability in mind. The PF-9 has a single stack magazine holding 7 rounds. It is the lightest and flattest 9 mm ever made. Firing mechanism is Double-Action Only with an automatic hammer block safety. The PF-9 will be available in blued, parkerized, and hard chrome finishes. Grips will be in black, grey, and olive drab.

The PF-9 accessory rail will accept the latest compact weapon lights and lasers.

The PF-9 retains the best features from our P-11 and P-3AT pistols combined into the flattest and lightest single stack 9mm configuration ever made. The barrel, locking system, slide stop, assembly pin, front sight, recoil springs and guide rod are adapted from the P-11. The PF-9 is nearly identical to the P-11 in length and height and shares the same exterior controls. The shorter trigger system with integral hammer block and the extraction system are adapted from the P-3AT. Just like the P-11, the PF-9 will accept +P ammunition, however, not with continuous use.

The rear sight is a new design and is adjustable for windage with the supplied allen wrench as well as for elevation with the use of shims (not included). The included 7 round rectangular magazine is supplied with a finger extension base plate and numbered holes. The under barrel accessory rail shares the dimensions of the MIL-STD-1913 picatinny rail although there is only one locking notch in the forward position.

SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICES
Description -- Price
PF-9 Pistol, Blued -- $314.00
PF-9 Pistol, Parkerized -- $355.00
PF-9 Pistol, Hard Chrome -- $368.00

The PF-9 pistol comes with one 7 round magazine, and includes a gun lock.

Expected availability: May
Some Pictures from S.H.O.T.

To go with these!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I might have to get one of those, too. I sure hope it has a better trigger than my P11 that I had several years ago. I'm not a very good shot with heavy DAO guns. I think I had one of the very early P11 versions and heard that Kel-Tec lightened the trigger springs on later guns. I ended up by selling that P11.

My guess is that these new PF-9s will be very popular.

(I personally think the ninja rail is rather silly on this particular gun.)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi TLEE,

I owned both the P-11 and P-3AT. I sold the P-11 because of the heavy trigger and kept the P-3AT.

My interest might be rekindled in the PF-9 if the trigger is re-engineered to be like the P3-AT which was really nice!

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The demo gun had a nice trigger pull very much akin to the P3AT and much better than the newer of my two P-11's which is better then the trigger on the first year one. Like I said, we ordered one at S.H.O.T. just waiting to see it arrive.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi T LEE,

A nicer trigger would hold my attention longer. There never seemed a decent fix for the P-11 except to shorten the hammer spring and thereby creating reliability issues. I don't care for the accessory rail, but that's the "rage" right now.

Regardless, the KTOG'ers will figure out a way to remove the accessory rail.

Kel Tec does like to use those "frankenbolts". I see that they have added one to the rear sight!

My P3-AT does have a nice trigger and will shoot well with its rudimentary sights.

Chris

·
Registered
363 Posts
Normally I don't get excited about the introduction of yet another pocket sized 9mm pistol. I bought a Kahr MK9 years ago and it satisfied my needs.

I've been carrying a P32 during the warm weather months and have come to appreciate its slimness and light weight. I couldn't get excited about the P3AT because I feel that .380 FMJ is only marginally better than the hot Fiocchi .32 FMJ I carry in the P32.

But this new PF-9 looks like it could be the ultimate 9mm pocket pistol. Slim, light weight, and small enough to fit in a full sized trouser pocket. Throw in the $300 price tag and it looks like KelTec has another winner. I'd like to buy one ASAP but I know enough to wait and give KT the time to work the bugs out of it first. Maybe by X-mas....

Roadster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts