Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some trading today. A S&W model 30 that never suited me, a surplus Grock 22 and a Randall got turned into a Colt Combat Commander satin nickel and a S&W 64-3 in 3"HB/RB. Got decent cash back on both deals.

Also grabbed a couple of mags for the Colt, a nickel mag for the Browning, and a couple of bags of .32 ammo from Ga Arms.

Ran into several good friends, one who I hadn't seen in a couple years. Enjoyed good fellowship and gummed a few steaks on the way home. All in all an excellent day.

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And phoooooooood! :)

Stopped at an all-you-can-eat steakhouse on the way back up the mountain. I put a hurt on them. The guys with me hurt themselves trying to keep up.

Shot the CC today after lunch at the Thai place; three mags at 6 per mag and had my first malf already. My luck with Colt autos is holding true. Ptui. Someday I'll find one that works.

Not had a chance to play with the 64 yet; want to change out the 'smooth combat grips' to magnas with a T-Grip first.

So I'm back to the correct number of .38's after selling the 442 last fall. The .38-44 Outdoorsman or Heavy Duty still eludes me.

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
papabear,

I need to have a picture-taking session soon. I'm about 5 years behind on knife and gun pix.

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi pff,

I reckon that the gun show you went to was the SC Arms Collectors in Greenville?

Man, there are some really good deals upstate and now I need to encourage by gun buddy to take the long drive up to Greenville from Myrtle Beach.

Congradulations on your trades and deals!

Let us know how the 64 shoots when you get the opportunity.

Chris

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yo Chris!

That is correct. They also have shows in Columbia: next one is Apr 14/15.

The deal wasn't that great but I needed a 'fix'.

Regards,

Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts