Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking at and for a used .44 magnum to take with me on a boar hunt next fall. I couldn't find a good one at the gun show this past weekend. My wife stopped me at a booth that had a new Dirty Harry S&W .44mag I picked it up and started drooling
. On sale it was $900 and they list for $1050 :'(. I put it down and said lets go. The wife said I'll give you $800 and he said plus tax and she said OK. I almost passed out ;). You gotta love them.

G

·
From here on out, take yer wife gun dealin' with ya. ;)

The "Dirty Harry'" Model 29's are classic. Everybody should have one.

Enjoy

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello baldy,

You did very well and congradulations!

About 20 years ago, I bought a similiar sized S&W Model 57 in .41 Magnum to hunt wild boar in the Rice Fields down around Georgetown, SC. It was a very accurate hog killer. There were days I wished it was a .44 magnum and it did just fine.

A couple of years ago, I went up to Chesnut Lodge, NC with my Marlin 45-70 and hunted successfully, but I sure wished that I had a .44 magnum. If I had decided to take one with a pistol, it would have been the one you chose.

You indeed have the best form of handgun "hog medicine" and hopefully you will favor us with your "trip report" when you do indeed go hunting this coming fall. I am certain the S&W Model 29 will give a good accounting of itself.

I'll +2 to the comments made already about your dear wife. She's a real treasure to help you in your exploits.

Chris

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you gentlemen. Yes my wife is the crown jewel of our family. I was blessed more than I could have asked for, some 30yrs ago.
I will be out in the fields this fall for sure and I hope to share my adventure with you gentlemen.

Regards Baldy

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi Baldy,

Can we have your permission to show this thread to our wives as in "look what other women are doing, honey..." ?

Seriously, congrats on a great gun. My long lamented 29 was sold in a moment of weakness years ago much to my later regret! Enjoy yours, and do give us a report on the creatures which fall to it.

PGM

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you gentleman and yes PGM by all means show this thread to your wifes. Yes Mr. Camp once we get moved and set back up I am going to be making loads for this gun at the bench. This is only the second one I ever owned as the first was the Ruger Blackhawk that got away from me in a moment of youthful weakness.

Regards, Baldy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts