Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front sight of my trusty companion, a Hi Power Standard 9 mm, broke off half way thru a magazine at the range a couple of weeks ago. Metal fatigue? Anyway, I left it with my local gunsmith for repair.

Though I have other firearms, I just didn't feel good without a Hi Power in the house...first time in decades. So I headed to my local sporting goods store and bought a new-in-box Mark III for $629.

Maybe I need help? Naw, a trip to the range with my new Mark III will be the best therapy there is.

G

·
Yul,

I didn't think you needed an excuse to by a second Hi-Power? Oh, that's right it's the only reason for a 9mm to exhist. ;)

If you like the platform get another model close to it.
I have my C & S BHP in 9mm and a two tone .40 S & W. I love them both.

Wes

·
Registered
649 Posts
Rational reason to buy another 9mm....got three myself...G19,P11,and a Witness. You have to have a reason? ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, you guys convinced me -- I made a very good decision! I took my new Mark III to the range today, and shot 200 rounds. Functioned perfectly. It's a beaut.

Trigger pull a little stiff, but not horrible. When cleaning it for the first time, I followed Sockman's good advice (see the Pistol Smith forum) about how to improve the trigger pull without a trigger job. It does seem to help.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Good job, Yul. You will not regret it.

The truth is, a guy doesn't need an excuse to buy a new BHP Mark III, he needs an excuse not to!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yul;

personally I am very disciplined...I will only consider purchasing a Browning on weekdays ending in "y"

Anyway, sounds like you did good to me.

Ejnoy!
Jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank God I jumped to the wrong conclusion - that you had bought a 22 Ruger auto pistol with a built in key lock in the frame! Please don't take offense, I certainly don't have any lack of respect for anyone on this forum!!! This time of the day ABS ( absent brain syndrome ) seems to srrike without warning...

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
And don't forget all those people depending on us to buy a Hi Power so they will be paid and can support their families.

You know, for mining the iron ore, drilling the oil, and other things used by the production workers to manufacture Hi Powers so the truck drivers can deliver them about the world and salesmen can sell them to us.

And the gas station employees who refuel the trucks (and trains, planes, and automobiles). And the warehouse workers where parts and pistols and ammo are stored pending retail sales.

And the roachcoach drivers and cooks who bring lunch to all the factory/warehouse/etc.. employees at work. And the Al Bundys who sell clothes to these workers to wear to work. And the car salemen & taxi drivers & subway employees & etc. who make it possible for the workers to get to work.

And the construction workers who make the roads and bridges and trains and planes and buildings used in selling Hi Powers.

And the range employees who make it possible for me to shoot my Hi Power.

And the beauty salon employees who keep my wife happy so I can go to the range.

Etc., go buy another Hi Power.............

PS: Sometimes I feel like Al Bundy......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts