Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there with a handle on how good this stuff is? It is selling for $11/box ($3/50 less than Winchester WB or Rem/UMC) at the local Walmart. I can't beat that price buying case lots on the net (once delivery is added in). Where's the catch?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

I've shot some and it gave more than adequate accuracy results in my SA Champion and S&W 1911.

The problem with ordering it on the net is the Haz Mat fees and heavy freight charges. Sometimes you can "catch a deal" on ammo buying it locally and saving a considerable amount of money if a big box retailer doesn't figure in those charges to the retail price of the ammo or uses their own trucks to haul it in from a central distribution center.

I like to use it for general target shooting when I can find it locally in Walmart.

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've shot a few boxes of the Blazer Brass .45 in my 1911 with no problems. Shot quite a bit of it in 9mm in my CZ75B also with no problems, had a few problems feeding the non-brass case CCI (can't remember...aircraft aluminum...steel?) in the 9mm. They've been out of the CCI .45s at my Walmart so I've been getting white box.

G

·
0 Posts
It's about all I ever shoot, .38, .357, .40, .45, 9mm never had a problem with it in any caliber.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I get it at my local Wally's for a hair under $10 a box. Shoots and reloads well. I always seem to get the last few boxes they have.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Bought the last 2 boxes at one Walmart, then went down the road to another. Two more. Is that all they get? At $3 less per box it looks like a bargain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts