Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to post this in another thread so that the two threads do not get confused and therefore confuse Chubbypigeon's excellent report.

For what it is worth
Jim H.

Springfield XD .45 ACP Initial Impressions

Size: Inevitably the XD .45 will be compared with the 1911, The Para Ordnance Double Stack and the Glock 21. I measured the pistols at 4 dimensions: The Height from the bottom of the magazine the top of the sights, the length from the back of the tang to the end of the muzzle and the Girth in two places the

G

·
I'll agree that the gun's recoil is very "flippy," but I find it no worse than a Hi-Power, in that department.

Then again, I train my grip, obsessively.

It's weird that you're not getting better groups than that. Most people that I've spoken to get this Thumper-the-Rabbit thing going with their foot when they talk about their groups from one of these.

I'm planning on letting the Springfield custom shop have a $200 dollar field day with mine, as soon as I can afford it.

G

·
Thank you for your excellent report.

I already supplied my comments in the 'other' thread, so I will refrain from repeating myself repeating myself (
).

One thing that I noticed today when comparing the XD45ACP with the XD9 and XD40 - if you hold the pistols upside down without the magazines inserted, the inner grip frame walls are substantially thinner on the XD45ACP. While squeezing the magazine well with my thumb and forefinger, I observed a very noticeable flex in the sidewalls. This amount of flex is probably meaningless and would surprise me if there was negative impact on structural integrity... it's just an observation that I didn't include in my "other" post.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chubby; not to worry, probably human error on my part. I shot the groups from kneeling since I did not want to get down in the mud. I am never best from kneeling but I think it is a reasonable representation of "practical" accuracy rather than "off a rest" accuracy.

Catbird. I noticed the flex too. It does not disturb me as I can flex all of the Glocks and I figure it that was a problem it would show up by now.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello, and thanks for this objective report. Being human, some subjective aspects of evaluation are almost always present when trying to do this sort of thing. I appreciate your post as well as those of others passing along information on various handguns.

Best and thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts