Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read Mr. Camp's story on the .38 snub and .380. It was very informative. I'm a fan of both of these.

I use standard pressure .38 HP's in my snubs. I find the little revolvers a little more difficult to shoot than the .380 Walther PPK/s. These help a bit, especially for my wife.

I understood that the .38+P in the snubbie has an edge over the .380.
Does this edge diminish when using a .38 standard pressure round?

I also read that a .380's penetration can be increased when using truncated bullets. What do you think?

Thank you for your insight.

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much. Your testing was very informative and I appreciate your insight.
I like the ergonomics of the PPK/s, but the weight of the S&W442 is appealing as well.
Is the Remington RS 102gr. you mentioned a +P round?

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Mr. Camp and oldgranpa.
I have been trying to find premium bullets in standard pressure .38. There are a few available.
I found the Federal 110gr. Hydra-Shok, the 110gr. Win. Silvertip and the Win. 158gr. semi-wadcutter.
Would these standard velocity hollowpoints have enough velocity to expand from a two-inch revolver?
Has anyone tested these standard velocity rounds fired from two-inch revolvers?

While I find the PPK/s so ergonomic, the Kahr PM9 is smaller than the Walther and 9mm, but the trigger is so long. A local gun shop has three used Kahrs, a PM9, a K9 and KP9 for the same price as a new Walther PPK/s. That may be a pretty good choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.