Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a LNIB .38/.44 HD S&W at the gun show this am. It's a 5 screw, 6.5" barrel, S157XXX (1956?) serial number, with the box. This old revolver is 99.5%. They sure don't make guns like this anymore (excluding H&H and Purdey's). I must be living right. Oh, I am a technological moron and can't (don't know how) to post photo's.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Huntershooter,

First congradulations on your newest find sir. I have to admit, you have me drooling a bit thinking about how it must look.

On the picture issue, trust me too. I consider myself a "puter midget". So if I can do it sir, it can not be all that hard, lol. There are several excellent comments in the help section on how to post photos. I was very lucky in part to receive a digital camera as a gift, that allows me to set the size of the pictures I want to shoot. Since 90% of my camera usage will be to post pics here, I simply set up my camera to take photos sized to our limits. Then I created an account at Photobucket, which even for me, is amazingly easy to use. So trust me, it "ain't rocket science" sir.

When you have the chance, please read the help posts and give it a try. The worst that happens is your photos come out over our size limits, and one of our more puter literate members can help you figure out how to solve that issue.

But again great find and I hope you realy enjoy it sir.

twoguns

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Bmcgilvray's brother-in-law just picked one of these up at a screaming deal. I've passed them up over the years, but I think I'd have a much harder time now that I'm wiser.

Huntershooter, congratulations - it sounds like a specacular find!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
A 38/44 is one glaring hole in my collection. I just never seem to see one when I have fundage.

That would give me a .38 Special in all the frame sizes they made them in, J, K, L and N. (not counting the C frame Model 73 which is beyond my dreams)

Ya done good!

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gents. Perhaps I can have one of the "youngsters" at work (who ALL seem to have computer savvy as second nature) walk me through the process!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I hope so - it's pretty simple once you take the plunge. I sure would like to see photos of your new acquisition. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts