Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were there ever any 30 round factory BHP mags or are they all cheap aftermarket knockoffs?

thank you

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. The only magazines I'm aware of that were sold as Browning higher-than-normal-capacity were 20 round magazines. Don't know much about them, but I am not aware of any FN-made or authorized 30 round magazines.

Best.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

Mec Gar of Italy makes the only 20 round magazine that I am aware of and was the US source contractor for Browning Magazines:

MGLEBRHP20 BROWNING HP 9 mm 20 Extended B

I own a Mec Gar 20 round magazine, but I am unaware of any 30 round ones of present. They may be available from Pro Mag or Triple K and if they are--they are not the genuine article.

Chris

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I seemed to recall hearing about the 20 rounders, but all the 30 round mags I have seen seem cheap and unheat treated or anything else for that matter.

I will keep an eye out for the 20 round mags. were they made blued or parked if you happen to know?

Thanks again

·
Registered
679 Posts
I own a 30rd U.S.A. magazines for the BHP that I bought before the 94 crime bill took effect. What a piece of crap! I was taken hook line and sinker on this impulse buy. Used once then still lying in a junk box in the basement. Gave the other one away to a friend who reminds me about all the time concerning quality and reliability. Basically stay away from the listed 30rd mags for this pistol.

I do own a few FN contract and Mec-Gar 20rd magazines. Both of fine quality and MG's are readily available. Have not seen many FN contract 20rd magazines in sometime. If you can find them and determine they are FN, snatch them up!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
HKPete,

From my knowledge they do. Mec-Gar has upped the capacity of most of their magazines by 2 since the sunset.

New Tauruses come with 17rnd mags manufactured by Mec-Gar. I just have the 15 rounders! DANG! :)

Josh <><

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. Yes, the MecGar 15-shot Hi Power magazines do fit flush. They have a shorter follower to allow for the additional couple of rounds.

Best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts