Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

.22 to match my Hi-Power???

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
I am starting to think about a .22 pistol and figure I might as well get one that has similar control setups to my MKIII Hi-Power. I can't really tell from Buckmark pictures how close they match and I haven't found one locally to look at in person.

Anyone already been down this road and know what I am looking for?

Thanks, cmb

#2 ·
Off hand, I can't think of any factory made .22 LR pistol that resembles the High Power.

As I recall, Ciener made or perhaps still makes a .22 LR conversion unit for the HP. I don't what such an item would cost these days, but probably upwards of $300 or so.

Roadster

#3 ·
Roadster is right. I've been looking at a Johnathan Arthur Ciener .22 lr conversion kit for the BHP. The basic kit has fixed sights and sells for $199. The deluxe kit has adjustable sights and sells for $249.95. You can get all the information on them by going to www.22lrconversions.com. Ciener also makes them for other automatic pistols as well.

JayPee

#4 ·
I purchased one of the Ciener 22 conversions for my Hi-Power. Cost was $199 plus $10 shipping. It fits and works perfectly from the box. My only regret is that I did not spend the extra $50 for the adjustable sight model. This will get you a 22 with all the same controls as your Hi-Power for considerably less than what a quality 22 will cost.

G
#5 ·
If you want a stand-alone gun, CZ makes a full-frame Kadet .22 that is a 75b design, somewhat similar in feel, size and function. I plan to just get a Ruger 22/45 - the grip is nearly identical to a 1911, and for me, is close enough to supplement centerfire training.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.