Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the first HS bullets made before the rights were sold to Federal. They look like Lead 148gr. hollow base wadcutters with the post in the center. I have had a box of 500 since 1970 . These are just the bullet which you can load yourself. I have heard 4.8 grs. of unique and this bullet will open to .50. I will ship you 50 for free if you will test them and post the results. They are not for sale and I will ship only 50 for free to the first taker to test and post the results. Thankyou,Jeep.

· Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I would sooo do this if I still had a .38spl!

I did have an LCP and got rid of it. Shouldn't have, but did.

Now I'm debating on which miniature handgun for which to save: Another LCP, Kel-Tec .32 or .380, or may end up with a Ruger LCR as it's caught my eye of late.

It'll be a while but I'll end up with one of these.

If it's the LCR, I'll shoot you a PM and give you a choice of a test medium. I'm debating, also, on making up some Kind&Knox just for kicks.

We'll see.

Thanks,

Josh

· Registered
86 Posts
Jeep-Are these in a red box with black print? If they are I have some! They inspired me in my early reloading days to stoke some Speer HBWCs seated upside down over SR4756! I'd like to know if these are what you refer to. MP me.

· Registered
1 Posts
Albert’s (formerly Taurus) used to sell some interesting bullets. One, as you mentioned, was the original HydraShok Scorpion especially for .38 snubbies. They also had a 130gr LSWC-HP for the 9mm. They also shot well from Colt .38/.357 revolvers with their slightly tighter bores. Another was a .45 cal. 250gr LSWC-HP with a cavity big enough to mix a drink in. But my favorite was the .30-cal. 154gr “SchuetzenPlinker.” It was a two-diameter design, with the bearing surface being .310” and the forward section .300” to ride the lands. I used to buy these by the thousand. 7.2grs of Unique sent these downrange at a trifle over 1,000 fps, and provided lots of low-cost, accurate range ammo. All of Albert’s bullets were rather soft, and didn’t take kindly to higher speeds. The SchuetzenPlinker required some special loading techniques. You HAD to flare the case mouth, which is easily done with the right die. Also, since this was a very low-pressure load, the cases didn’t expand to fill-out the chamber. By controlling the case neck flare, it was possible to minimize blowback from the poor gas seal. I also found it necessary to enlarge the flash hole so that the primer blast wouldn’t push the shoulder back and cause headspace issues. Regular cartridges are pushed forward but the higher pressures expand the case and leave the shoulder where it should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts