Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Interesting this thread should be revived. I've been recommending this blog post from the late Mr. Camp on a variety of forums, especially to new 1911 owners. I've learned a lot from Mr. Camp over the years and I think this is one of the most valuable lessons he's taught me.

http://hipowers-handguns.blogspot.com/2010/11/what-is-best-7-or-8-shot-1911-45-acp.html

If you have to have an 8 rounder, a base pad option for those of you that have a bobtail 1911 is the pad from 10-8 Performance for the McCormick PowerMag. They are a little pricey, though.

http://www.10-8performance.com/products/1911-Magazine-Base-Pad,-PM8.html

·
Registered
674 Posts
It's 7 round blue GI CheckMates for me. I've yet to wear one out or suffer a failure. I have four 7 round blue hybrid CheckMates and I find them troublefree as well, but the GIs seem more heavy duty. Maybe it's just my imagination.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Second the Checkmate G.I. magazines.Top Gun sells them ,if there in stock. I also like the G.I.mags even though some are over $50 a pop now for the real deal. Never had a problem with them. All I use in the 1911 is Hardball 230gr. FMJ its reliable and has plenty of Felon Repellent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have tried jsut about every brand of1911 mag out there. My personal choice ie the Tripp seven round mag. I bought several in the new black coating which I feel will help conceal them if my shirt inadvertently slips back. Black is more likely to be taken as a cell phone where as the stainless mags open a question s to what is that.
As always, the best mag is the one that functions 100% in your pistol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would anybody be able to let me know what are the 5 best brands of 1911 magazines that you have found through private experience? Kindly give why you think X brand is superior to Y. On the off chance that conceivable, Best SARMs For Sale In 2022 attempt to draw from your own encounters than prominent attitude. How about we attempt to limit it down to mags under $25 new. I'm on a severe financial plan( would we confirm or deny that we are all?!?). I like any information you could offer. I'm asking this out of expectation for my Colt-Sistema that will before long be off of loan. Tragically, it accompanies one unheard-of magazine.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts