Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone shot a Glock 27 with this load. I just read on another forum. That some have had FTF with this ammo. Please let me know. Thanks.

Serg

·
Registered
110 Posts
180 grain is the most common practice fmj weight in the caliber.My G27 ran wonderfully and i don't remember it chocking on anything.The internet is a great source ,but every gun ever made has had problems posted on the net.Don't sweat it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Anyone shot a Glock 27 with this load. I just read on another forum. That some have had FTF with this ammo. Please let me know. Thanks.

Serg
I have had failures to feed in all my Glock .40s with just about any weight bullet. Not many, but any malfucntion in any pistol gets my attention.

One would have to describe exactly the failure to feed. The 27 has such a short cycle length that if one is not hanging on to it tightly the operator can induce a FTF easily through limpwristing.

What I am saying is that it is most likely not a bullet weight thing.

Jim

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
180gr loads are rather unpleasant (to me) in the G27. I prefer lighter.

You don't mention which 180gr load this person was using. There's a lot of variation. And like Jim says, it might be operator error.

I've not put more than a couple thou through mine but haven't had any malfunctions that I recall.

Regards,

Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for info. I'll be shooting next week. I'm using the Remington 180 JHP and CCI FMJ 180. I'll give you guys a range report.

Thanks

Sergio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts