Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,053 Posts
I have seen 1911 frames crack (have one very well used MK IV and two Commanders with hairline cracks right right now - it apparently hurts nothing). But i have never seen, nor do I know anyone who has had a Delta Elite frame crack (perhaps do to the plastic recoil spring guide???).

Of course there are far fewer 10mms out there so it might be just that there are more .45s available.

Onward,
Jim

· Registered
1,053 Posts
Friend of mine dumped two whitetails with his G20, using the Ga Arms 155gr Gold Dot. Blew a big hole on entry, and yet exited on broadside shots at about 50 yards. Neither went very far.

Anyone shot any deer with the SIG round?

Regards,

Pat

No but I have shot a medium sized buck and a smallish pig with a 9X23 which somewhat surpases the .357 Sig round (should be very similar though the pig was shot with a 125 Gold Dot at 1600 fps).

Both resulted in dead critters but not instant stops, the pig was a bit underwelming actually - resembled shooting something with a good .38 Spl load. Both bullets expanded but not in the classic mushroom as both hit bone. Both penetrated about 9-10"

I don't need to remind anyone that 2 cases does not a study make :)

Jim H.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.