Analyzing self defense ammo for use on the street
Taught my nephews this week to check every individual round for perfection if they are going to CCW.
Thought I'd share with the Forum for readers who are new CCW Sheepdogs. While most new in the box high quality factory USA manufactured ammo is perfect, defects can happen. Takes a moment to analyze before hitting the street with new ammo in CCW mags.
1. The bullet. Is it seated properly? Is it on a weird angle? Is it bent or collapsed into the casing?
2. The casing. Is it cracked? Is it split? Is it unusual looking? Smooth? Is it crushed like a can of soup?
3. The primer (on the bottom). Is it flush or is it sticking out or collapsed in or unusual looking? Is it dented?
4. Is the rim round and smooth or bent?
5. Do the bullets fit into the magazine?
6. Does the ammo feed from the magazine into the chamber?
Excellent advice, GBD. Excellent indeed.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.